Welcome to The 21 Day Worry-Free Fast. You are joining participants locally and around the globe for the live fear free fast starting January 21, 2021. You can watch and take part in the daily video devotional, chapter/exercise assignments, and online chats. Or you may choose to just read the book on your own and go at your own pace. Just BE SURE TO DO the exercises! See why men and women have found peace as they practice the principles detailed in the book. Feel free to check into the member area on this site or visit our Facebook Group to chat. Welcome to 21 days of unloading fears, worry and anxiety and filling up with God’s truth. For peace, - Ava Bates
Video Of The Day
Exercise Of The Day: Acknowledge
Acknowledge what’s concerning you & Acknowledge God
1. Acknowledge – what is concerning you. Make a list of those things that are concerning you right now. Get EVERYTHING out that’s bothering you. Greatest to the least. To be graphic, just vomit all over the page. No matter how ugly it looks, no matter how embarrassing it would be if anyone ever found your list. GET IT OUT of your head and heart and onto the page. Take your time doing this, don’t overthink, get it out! Record concerns into a private journal/computer to have an account of your daily progress. Personally, I love paper, I have the ability to go back and look back at what I’m free from later and then when I repeat the fast as needed, I can evaluate and recognize any unhealthy fear patterns that reoccur on my list.
2. Acknowledge God –declare boldly - say aloud, “You are bigger than….” (Go through each and every one of your list of concerns) For example, maybe you listed one of your concerns as: “Layoffs at work.” Acknowledge God and His greatness over all situations by saying aloud, “Lord you are bigger than the potential layoffs at work, you are my source. I ask you today to meet my every need. Show me your plan for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.” Now it is important to go through each and every concern (this could take a few minutes BUT DO IT) and complete this activation and prayer for each one. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate prayer; it’s just you communicating with your Heavenly Father. Basically, Lord you are bigger than the sum of all my fears! Remember He cares for you, I’ll prove it in the next verse.
3. Read I Peter 5:7 NLT “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
This is a process that you will need to repeat throughout the days ahead. Get a visual image of what I call a “one way fisherman.” Cast it on the Lord, but refuse to reel it back in. Cast it and release it! For instance, take our potential job loss situation, “Lord, I cast the care and anxiety of this situation on you. I’m trusting that You have my best interests at heart and care for me. I put my trust in You!” The temptation will be to “reel the problem” back to you for further worry, but instead cast the worry of it on The Lord! Casting your care upon the Lord activates the power of God to work in and through your situation; it allows Him to bring miracles and victory.
Peter’s previous career before serving as a disciple was a professional fisherman. I love that he uses the metaphor of “casting.” He was very familiar with “casting nets,” writing in I Peter 5:7, “cast your anxiety on Him.” Nets are often heavy, cumbersome, and knotted. Ask yourself, what tangled mess am I worrying about? God wants you to cast it on Him.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s okay to look at a challenge before you with the aim of praying, problem solving or correcting, but don’t allow fear and worry to consume your thoughts and heart, rendering you paralyzed.
4. Pray – Lord, right now I cast the care of these concerns on you. Help me to be led today by your Spirit and not my flesh. Father, please show me your perspective on these things and help me to truly trust You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
5. Be Still & Listen for any instruction, correction, or truth He may show you. Document in your journal.
Teaching nugget – God’s Perspective
Asking God’s PERSPECTIVE is ESSENTIAL to bring clarity, truth and healing to your life. Oftentimes, our perspective is skewed by our past experience or pain. Asking the Lord His perspective and listening will bring clarity, healing and hope.
Right standing with God
How are you doing spiritually? Worry and anxiety torment us mentally and spiritually and we need God’s help to overcome. When we invite Him into our lives to be the helper and destroyer of all darkness, He takes care of us. Today is the perfect day to align your heart with God through His Son, Jesus Christ. Whether you had a closeness at one-time or have never known Him as Savior, today is the day to reconcile with God. Romans 10:9-10 states, “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
END- The prayer of Salvation is listed below, please pray that prayer and let us know if you made a first time decision for Christ or if you are coming back to Him today? Get your journals out and get to work. Let’s begin to conquer fear today. See you tomorrow.
Prayer of Salvation:
Dear God, I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I believe you raised Him from the dead. I ask you to forgive me of all my sins. By faith, I gratefully receive your free gift of salvation. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming to earth. I believe you are the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe your words are true. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and be my Savior. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.